- Smooth hammerhead
- Gemeiner Hammerfisch
- Gladde hammerhai
- Requin marteau commun
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 200 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 500 cm
- Maximum age known : 20 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
Relationship with humans
- The animal may inflict serious bites
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!