- Golden spadefish
- Goldener Fledermausfisch
- Plarax de Boers
- Pesce pipistrello dorato
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 50 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Algae - Zooplankton -
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!