- Clown anemonefishes
- Poisson-clown ocellé;Poisson-clown à trois bandes;Némo
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 1 and 15 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 11 cm
- Maximum age known : 12 year(s)
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protandrous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!