Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 1 and 61 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 32 cm
- Maximum age known : 7 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea worms - - Mollusks
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be very dangerous
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing