- Fire goby
- Gobie de feu
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 3 and 70 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 9 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : Zooplankton
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!