Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 90 cm
- The animal crushes corals to feed itself.
- Diet : Algae
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing