- Hound needlefish
- Aiguille crocodile
- Agujón cocodrilo
- The tropical Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 13 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 150 cm
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be very dangerous
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!