- Tiger shark
- Requin tigre
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 370 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is aggressive and may attack
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 700 cm
- Maximum age known : 50 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - Turtles
Relationship with humans
- The animal may inflict serious bites
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable