- Crested velvetfish
- Hahnenkamm - Samtfisch
- Poisson-velour à crête
- Pez terciopelo con cresta
- Pesce velluto crestato
- The Red Sea
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 30 Meters.
- Rare species.
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 10 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!