- Honeycomb filefish
- Bourse panthèse
- Pez lima panal
- Pesce lima leopardato
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 25 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 25 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!