- Moon wrasse
- Girelle-paon lyre
- Lábrido luna
- Labride verde e blu
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 25 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- Maximum age known : 10 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Plankton
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!