- Exquisite Butterflyfish
- Poisson-papillon cotelé
- Pez mariposa del Pólipo
- Pesce farfalla austriaco
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 20 Meters.
- Common species.
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 14 cm
- Diet : Coral
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!