- Red Sea needlefish
- Rotmeer - Hornhecht
- Orphie de Mer rouge
- Pez aguja del Mar Rojo
- Aguglia del Mar Rosso
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 5 Meters.
- Very common species.
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 120 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The spines of the animal can be dangerous
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!