- Shark sucker
- Kleiner Schiffshalter
- Remora nera
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 100 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- Lives in partnership with other fish species
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 85 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!