- Large toothed cardinalfish
- Apogon à grandes dents
- Pez cardenal tigre
- Pesce cardinale tigre
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 0 and 40 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 25 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!