- Red sea anthias
- Rotmeer Fahnenbarsch
- Anthias rayé
- Anthias del mar rojo
- Castagnola striata
- The Red Sea
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 10 and 50 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 13 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!