- Yellowfin hind
- Mérou de Mer Rouge
- Mero medio manchado
- Cernia mezzapuntinata
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 5 and 55 Meters.
- Common species.
- Endemic species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 35 cm
- Maximum age known : 26 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!