- Rock hind
- Katvis; Gestippelde zeebaars
- Mérou tacheté, Mérou oualioua
- Mero cabrilla
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- Maximum age known : 12 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!