Eels and others
- Spotted garden-eel
- Anguille jardinière mouchetée
- Anguila jardinera punteada
- Anguilla giardiniera maculata
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found at the bottom of a hole
- The species can be found between 3 and 45 Meters.
- Rare species.
Environment and movement of the nocturnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!