- Twaite shad
- Alose feinte
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- Maximum age known : 25 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!