Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 450 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 110 cm
- Maximum age known : 20 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - Fishes -
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!