- Atlantic Cod
- Morue franche, Cabillaud
- bacalao del Atlántico
- merluzzo bianco
- The temperate Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 1 and 600 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is migrating
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 200 cm
- Maximum age known : 25 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!