Eels and others
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 1 and 900 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 150 cm
- Maximum age known : 50 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea urchins - Crabs - Mollusks
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!