Trisopterus luscus capelanus
- Mediterranean poor cod
- Capelan de Méditerranée
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 20 and 400 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 6 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Sea worms - Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!