- Blackchin guitarfish
- Raie-guitare fouisseuse
- Guitarra barbanegra
- Pesce chitarra
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 1 and 100 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 240 cm
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asEndangered
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!