Scorpion fishes and others
- Tub Gurnard
- Roter Knurrhahn
- Capone gallinella
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 20 and 300 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 75 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - - Mollusks
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!