Scorpion fishes and others
- Streaked gurnard
- Gestreifter Knurrhahn
- Grondin strié
- Capone ubriaco
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 150 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 18 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks - Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!