Eels and others
- European conger
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 0 and 1000 Meters.
- Common species.
Environment and movement of the nocturnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- The species is migrating
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 300 cm
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - - Crabs
Relationship with humans
- The animal may bite
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!