Eels and others
- European eel
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is found in a sheltered zone
- The species can be found between 0 and 700 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- The species is migrating
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 130 cm
- Maximum age known : 88 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!