- Annular seabream
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 90 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 25 cm
- Maximum age known : 7 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea worms - - Echinoderms - Mollusks
- The animal is a protandrous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!