- Sharpsnout seabream
- Sar tambour;Sar à museau pointu
- Sargo picudo
- Sarago pizzuto
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 150 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Omnivorous
- The animal is a protandrous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!