Labrus turdus (viridis)
- Green wrasse
- Grüner Lippfisch
- Labre vert
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 50 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 45 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks - Fishes
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!