Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 120 Meters.
- Very common species.
Environment and movement of the nocturnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 30 cm
- Maximum age known : 7 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Shrimps - Sea urchins - Sea worms
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :