- Sailfin tang
- Indischer Segelflossen-Doktor
- Chirurgien voilier
- Navajón aleta de vela
- Pesce chirurgo tigrato
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 30 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a couple
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 15 year(s)
- The animal is a grazer of algae.
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!