- Yellow-edged lyretail
- Maanstaart juweelbaars
- Mérou croissant jaune ; Croissant queue jaune
- Mero cola de luna
- Cernia coda di luna
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 250 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 80 cm
- Maximum age known : 16 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - Crabs - Shrimps
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!