- Coral hind
- Rode koraalbaars
- Mérou rouge
- Mero coral
- Cernia dei coralli
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 150 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- The species is territorial
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- Maximum age known : 25 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes -
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!