- Blacktip reef shark
- Zwartpunt rifhaai
- Requin pointes noires
- Tiburón de puntas negras
- Squalo pinna nera del reef
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 75 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 200 cm
- Maximum age known : 12 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter high in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes - - - Mollusks
Relationship with humans
- The animal may inflict serious bites
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- - Chemistry/pharmacy
- Used in the clothing, footwear or crafts industries for the manufacture of articles (jewellery, etc.)
- The species is classified asVulnerable
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!