- Red porgy
- Pagre commun
- Sargo rojo
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 10 and 250 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 90 cm
- Maximum age known : 17 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Fishes - Mollusks
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
- The species is classified asEndangered
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!