- Striped mullet
- Gestreifte Meeräsche
- Mulet à grosse tête
- Lisa cabezona
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Indian Ocean
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 120 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 100 cm
- Maximum age known : 16 year(s)
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!