- Ocean triggerfish
- Oceaan trekkervis
- Baliste océanique
- Gallo aplomado;Gallo oceánico
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 5 and 60 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 65 cm
- The animal feeds on plankton or small organisms.
- Diet : Zooplankton
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!