- Buffalo Trunkfish
- Buffalo Kofferfisch
- Buffel koffervis
- Poisson coffre buffle;Poisson coffre à cornes
- Chapín búfalo;Chapín tresfilos
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 1 and 50 Meters.
- Rare species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 50 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - - Sea worms
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is in great demand and highly appreciated
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!