- Gray triggerfish
- Grijze trekkervis
- Baliste cabri
- Cochinos gris;Pez ballesta;Pejepuerco blanco
- Pesce porco;Pesce balestra
- The tropical Atlantic
- The temperate Atlantic
- The Mediterranean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 100 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal shows curiosity towards the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 50 cm
- Maximum age known : 13 year(s)
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Fishing or commercial aquiculture for food
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!