- Yellowhead jawfish
- Geelkopkaakvis, Geelvoorhoofd kaakvis
- Opistognathe à tête jaune
- Guardián cabeziamarillo
- Pesce minatore
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 3 and 40 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 10 cm
- Diet : Zooplankton
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!