Platybelone argalus argalus
- Keeltail needlefish
- Kielstaart geepvis
- Orphie carénée
- Agujón de quilla
- The tropical Atlantic
- The tropical Pacific
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally found in the open sea.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 10 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Lives in large groups
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 60 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Fishes
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!