- Yellow goatfish
- Gelbe Meerbarbe
- Gele zeebarbeel
- Rouget queue jaune
- Salmonete amarillo
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in a sandy/silty area.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 0 and 50 Meters.
- Very common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally living in a group
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Sea worms - Mollusks -
- The animal can show variable colouring
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!