- Scrawled cowfish
- Atlantische koffervis
- Poisson coffre taureau gribouillé
- Torito azul
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed in seagrass among algae or phanerogams.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 0 and 30 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is fearful of the diver
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 55 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal changes colour like a chameleon
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!