- Smooth trunkfish
- Parel koffervis;Gladde koffervis
- Poisson-coffre noir et blanc;Coffre baguette
- Chapín común
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 2 and 30 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : Mollusks - - Sea worms
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!