- Peppermint gobby
- Gobie à masque bleu
- Góbido crystal, Gobio linterna
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally motionless in its environment
- The species is generally found on or close to the seafloor.
- The species can be found between 10 and 40 Meters.
- Common species.
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 3 cm
- The animal feeds mainly on small invertebrates that it gleans on the seafloor.
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species can be eaten but is of no particular culinary interest
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!