- Spanish hogfish
- Spanischer Schweinslippfisch
- Spaanse zwijnslipvis
- Labre espagnol;Pourceau espagnol
- Vieja colorada;Peje perro colorado
- The tropical Atlantic
Environment and movement of the diurnal species
- The species is generally observed on the reef or near it.
- The species is generally seen moving in its environment.
- The species can be found between 0 and 60 Meters.
- Uncommon Species
General behaviour of the species
- Species generally solitary
- The animal is rather indifferent to the diver, though it remains on its guard
General characteristics of the species
- Maximum size : 40 cm
- The animal is a hunter low in the food chain.
- Diet : - Mollusks - Sea urchins
- The animal can show variable colouring
- The animal is a protogynous transsexual
Relationship with humans
- The species is good to eat
- The species is exploited in the following sector(s) :
- - Aquarium enthusiasts.
- -Sport or local fishing
The species can be confused with other species of similar appearance!